Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover: Hattiesburg Edition!

Well... last week (actually Dec 3-11) was an exciting week for our community! A local military/Katrina family was chosen to receive a new home for ABC's hit show - Extreme Home Makeover Edition. I went to the volunteer pep rally the week of Thanksgiving and wanted to sign up to work with the project but the schedule was FULL due to the overwhelming support of the community - good for them, bad for me :( It was something I really wanted to be a part of. Anyhow, I had to settle for being on "standby" - and ultimately never got called. Chris and I did take Jobi, however, to see the "goings on." It was such a cool thing to see everyone pulling together for the greater good of this family in need. The design team got a little taste of our South MS! 70 degree weather, 30 degree weather - snow one day, rain the next, sunshine the next, MUD! All the elements... ya'll know how it is! Made for a little more difficult scenario busting a house from its foundation and starting all from the bottom up. Here are some pics... and the final result!!

These were taken Day 2 - finishing up the demolition and clearing the land site


Day after our big snowfall... it was one big mess of sludge and slush! But so fun to witness the excitement!


This was a preview pic from the builder... such a pretty design!

And finally... REVEAL DAY! "MOVE THAT BUS!!!"




Christian Slater was the guest celebrity that worked on the Heathcock Family project. He walked about 10 yds in front of us. Chris didn't have the camera ready! Oh well... :)

I stole this last picture from the official EHMO Hattiesburg website - priceless :)

I just have to do it - can't help myself.... "Welcome Home, Heathcock Family!
WELCOME HOME!"

No comments: