Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

OK, so.... when Chris asked me to start thinking about what I wanted for my birthday, I told him all I wanted was to run the Crescent City Classic in New Orleans. Daycare was closed on Good Friday, we could go down early and spend some time in NOLA - run the race Saturday A.M. and then come home that evening in time for Easter Sunday. So we booked a room at the Sheraton, went to the race Expo Friday night, ate a great dinner at Felix's, started out Saturday with breakfast (at SIX a.m.), I ran the 10K, then we spent the rest of the day piddling around the French Market, enjoyed an awesome lunch at Louisiana Pizza Kitchen, Riverwalk, etc. It was a GREAT weekend! I completed the race in 1:08 - which, for only being the 2nd time I've run 6.2 miles - I thought was pretty OK. NEXT year.... I'll (hopefully) do much better!

Here is the beautiful view from our hotel room (from where Chris watched the race! He did get up for breakfast, though AND walked to the starting line with us at Jackson Square. I'm sure people were wondering how he was gonna pull off running in blue jeans :))

And we're OFF!! (well, that would be the Kenyans and Ethiopian and do you see ME right behind them???! No???)

Oh. Wait. Here we are... the rest of us. Yeah, see if you can pick me out amongst 25,000 of my closest friends! HA!









Ahhh... post race. The beginning of a fun, yet pain-filled day :)
THANKS honey, for a wonderful weekend!! (and by the way, I was greeted the morning of my birthday with a BEAUTIFUL new Vera Bradley bag from my two loves!) It was a great birthday!!

No comments: