Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go

Well, after the most rewarding seven weeks at home on maternity leave with my baby, today it was time to return to work. We're on 4 different waiting lists for daycare... no leads on any openings anytime soon so Jobi's staying with my mom (his "Nana). She retired in '06 so we feel very fortunate to have her help us out during this transition time. We didn't have to twist her nor my dad's arm too much to get them to keep the grandbaby!

Chris told me this a.m. before he left that I shouldn't cry. I should just think of it as leaving him with a babysitter. After all, I was going home at lunch to feed him so it would only be a few hours before I could love on him and it IS my mom keeping him. I mean, who else besides me or Chris would be best at taking care of our baby boy than one of his loving grandparents?? I had psyched myself up.

Or so I thought. I cried.

But only for a few minutes as I kissed him goodbye, told him how much I loved him, and walked out the door. I know it will get easier with time. :-)





I couldn't wait to get him home so Chris and I could love on him and try to make up for a lost day's time!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Leaving for work for the first time after delivering your first is the toughest! It took me 10 months to go back to work and I still cried on the ride there. It does get easier. (((hugs)))

Loustalot said...

That's pretty funny! k

steele family said...

I can't imagine how hard that is. I hope it gets easier for you. I love the b&w of you two, it is so sweet!

Michele said...

Awwww!

I was very upset on my first day back at work, too. I remember when I came home, how much I thought he grew since that morning! I know it sounds crazy, but I swear he looked so much bigger to me. Did you feel the same (or was I nuts)?

The Potin Family said...

haha I did feel that way too, Michele :-) Don't worry... you're not alone (and I also worried he would forget me!) It felt like the longest day of my life. Now the end of the work day doesn't come fast enough for me!