Well, if you can't tell, Jobi still hates his bath. We have tried several things but none seem to work. The list of "things" reads as follows:
- a space heater in the bathroom
- wrapping him in a light blanket while putting him in the water
- that yellow spongy thing from Target
- taking the tub to the sink in the kitchen and using the sprayer
- adding several colorful toys to the bath
- getting in the bath with him
- music in the bathroom
- the 'dummy' bath.....no soap just water and toys
If any of you blogger folks have any other suggetions. please let us know. We are getting desperate. More updates to follow soon....including eating rice like a big boy, my first crawfish boil, and more baseball





5 comments:
Poor kid, I mean just give him a break. Does he really need baths? What does he do all day besides get spoiled, I say wait a year and try again! :)
Hello!
Here's what we do with Ali (hope it helps...she really likes her baths)-
- bath time is part of her bedtime routine
- I nurse her before giving bath
- fill tub with warm water...those "too hot" indicators on the foam pad and toys are pretty wimpy. We keep it warm to our touch (using forearm as indicator).
- we use the Target foam pad...really like it
- when we first introduced her to bath time, we would sprinkle a little water on her stomach and arms before putting her in
- Matt sings songs with her...I'm more of a "get in and get out"
- at about 3 months, she pitched a fit for 1-2 weeks towards the end of bath time or at the end. We figured she was nice and toasty in the tub and hated the cold air...not sure if that was it. But she got over it.
- once bath time is over, she's dressed in her pjs, maybe read to (depends on how tired she is) and sent to bed.
Good luck!!
Hey Jean Anne - Addison goes through stages...sometimes you can't get her in the bath, and other times, you can't get her out :-)
We incorporated her bath into her regular bedtime routine. That way, she knew it was coming and maybe felt more comfortable. But, her water has to be pretty warm. If it is not warm enough, she throws a fit. It is warmer than I initially thought it should be, but not hot enough to burn.
Also, I have heard of parents getting in teh water with their little one to make them feel comfortable in the water, and then gradually transitioning the little one into the bath by themselves. We did not have to do this, but it may be worth a try.
Hope this helps!
Lisa (Bain) Rhodes
I definitely agree with Leigh... make it routine. It's been a part of my kids bed time routines from early on... even if it's just for playtime and not for bathing. I found it easier just to get in with them before they could sit up on their own. Both hated the infant tub. They wanted to be close to me, skin to skin, warm and cuddly. Logan only used the infant tub for his first bath for the pics. Libby used it a few times. I found it to be the biggest waste of money ever! lol.
good luck! He'll eventually enjoy it, that or you'll have one stinky lil' man on your hands. j/k ;)
It's amazing how every baby is different. Kamryn loves baths, and screams her head off when I take her out of the tub! In fact, when she was colicky, the bath would be the only thing that would soothe her!
My mom said I hated baths when I was an infant, so she just gave me a sponge bath as often as possible. Maybe you can just give him a sponge bath, and a regular bath only sparingly. Maybe if you feed him first, it will help him relax a little. I will ask my friends for advice, and shoot you an e-mail!
Love,
Denise
Post a Comment