Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Sad Day in Baseball...

All misty Potin eyes were glued to the TV Sunday night as we watched the final three outs of the last ever Yankee game in historic Yankee Stadium. As you may recall, we toured this historic landmark when we were in NYC (8 weeks prego at the time - check out the April 2007 blog post). We actually announced that I was pregnant to the blogging world with a photo taken in the Yankee dugout! I was so sick that day that we almost didn't go. Although I knew how much Chris and my dad wanted to go, so I toughed it out. AND if you know me well at all, you know I am NO NYY fan. Even so, we are glad we can say we've been there, seen that, walked where true sports legends have walked! It really was an awesome experience and needless to say, bittersweet to see this era of baseball come to its end. We'll tell Jobi of this one day... how he toured Yankee Stadium in utero! haha And we'll always treasure our captured memories in photographs.


The last out ever at Yankee Stadium...




Yankee players collecting dirt from the pitcher's mound

3 comments:

Bridget said...

It is a sad year for baseball up here.. both the yankees and the mets are rebuilding. =( It's sad... lots of mixed opinions up here.

The Metz Family said...

okay it is CRACKING me up how Christ stands with jobi RIGHT in front of the tv. Im sure you have chairs in your house...that is just so funny to me...didnt anyone ever tell chris not to sit that close to the tv or it will hurt his eyes?????

Anonymous said...

HEY! Christi Cave here.... Lee is out of town and I am home with sick boys. It's making for a fairly quiet morning. So, I am sitting around reading blogs. I ran across your and LOVE IT!!!!

You guys are so much like Lee and I. We have so much fun! We take pics of everything!

I had a blast reading all about sweet Jobie from the beginning! Such fun!

Visit my blog for a little fun too!
www.xanga.com/queen_cave

We really need to go out to dinner together and get to know y'all. I know it would be fun and I could love on that sweet baby!!!!