Well.... Jobi's off to COLLEGE! Crayon College that is :) After being on the waiting list for 4 different daycares since I was about 3 months pregnant, we finally secured a spot at the newest learning center in Hattiesburg. Chris and I had prayed and prayed about our daycare decision... no doors opened until Crayon College was under construction. We loved the idea of getting into a brand new facility with all new stuff and the latest technology features, high security measures, etc. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the owners of the facility are good family friends of my sister-in-law, she is their Sysco food rep, my brother has their insurance, the curriculum is Christian-based - all the way from babies up, several of our friends whose childcare opinion we trust have also enrolled their children here, so there were a lot of positives for us!! I feel like the Lord truly pointed the way for us and answered this prayer at just the right time.
Even so, I was SO nervous about Jobi leaving the care of my mom and dad and going to daycare. We feel VERY blessed to have had Nana and Papa take such good care of him during the first most critical months of his life (THANK YOU!) I knew now our whole routine would change. It would be like leaving him all over again for the first time! :( I knew Jobi would be fine... it was ME I was worried about! haha
So... yesterday was the big day - such a big boy going to school! Everything was so chaotic that I didn't have time to get too upset when I left him. However, once I got in the car, pulled out of the parking lot and called Chris, I have to admit - I did shed a few tears! Despite some issues with feedings and schedule (I won't elaborate), I guess overall Jobi had a pretty OK day. He was EXHAUSTED when he got home!! He took his bedtime bottle, we put him to bed at 8:05 (way earlier than usual) and he woke up this morning at 6:40 a.m. Chris and I both took him to school this morning to settle a few things - I think today will be a better day for all of us :)
Here are few pics to commemorate this milestone!!
Mommy's college man!
Having a good ol' time at my new schoool :)





4 comments:
Hey - that is awesome. My sister in law just took a new job with this daycare - her name is Cammie. She is so excited. I am glad Jobi is going to such a nice place. We are hoping that Stephen will get to stay home with ours that is coming this January - but we will just have to see. I can't believe he is so big and so cute!!
Debbie McClelland
Gulfport, MS
Crayon College sounds amazing!
Within the next couple of months, Jobi is really going to start interacting with other children (well, maybe not interacting, but observing). He's going to really like being around other kids...you'll see! Sounds like ya'll made a great decision.
Yea Jobi-
Will you go across the hall and tell mallory to be happy at school?!?! She is still crying! Let her know she is ok!!!!
Congrats on the daycare! Sounds like an awesome choice. He should be happy there. k
Post a Comment