Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

PSALM 139... PROMISE139


I felt compelled to make a quick post this afternoon - not about our family, but actually about a wonderful new ministry, Promise139. You can check out the website here - www.promise139.org. Promise139, an orphan-hosting program, is a non-profit organization that has recently been developed by several couples and staff members in our church family - "adoptive parents and others concerned with the well-being of the fatherless." As I looked at their newly-launched website today, my heart was overwhelmed with a desire to assist this ministry in any way that I can. I wish Chris and I were unlimited financially to sponsor as many older orphaned children as possible to participate in this wonderful "summer camp" curriculum. Although I often think "what can I do to make any difference?" - I am assured I know of at least one thing I can do that is FREE and that is to PRAY! I can pray, asking all of you to join me, for the fulfillment of Promise 139's mission and purpose. We can pray these kids come to know Christ's love for them through witnessing the love of others. Pray they realize their self value and worth and hope that they carry back with them to their home country all they've learned and experienced - the great Gospel, great fellowship and FUN! I pray this will stay with them the rest of their lives, making a positive impact on their future. Hopefully, they won't just be another "statistic" in their culture (*be sure to check out the "Orphan Life" section on the website)

I'm so proud of our "Promise Team" and board of directors who are successfully launching this organization for such an important cause that is so near and dear to their hearts. Be sure to watch the video and please... pray about how the Lord may be able to use YOU in this ministry - if nothing else, remember there is always that one thing you can do - I KNOW that everyone involved would covet your prayers!

Thanks for allowing me a few moments to create awareness and promote. To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

Loustalot said...

Sounds like a sweet ministry! I loved catching up on your blog. I saw the Kenny post and thought about how I was getting Fleet tickets to the concert here in Atlanta for his birthday, but we'll be in Seattle. Oh well, maybe we can look at another location??!!! Maybe orange beach!