Well, we put off and put off the very first haircut, for a variety of reasons. #1 being Mommy didn't want to face the fact that her baby was big enough for his very first BIG BOY haircut! I wasn't sure who was going to be
more of a basketcase - Mommy, Daddy, or Jobi! Jobi, I think, did really well overall... even though there were definitely some rough points. I, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. I freely admit I acted ugly in front of my parents (was ugly
to my Dad, which breaks my heart - he was the barber) and my in-laws AND my hubby. It was a very emotional experience for me and I will take this opportunity to apologize for my behavior. Again. (haha!) Here are some pics from this momentous milestone. His big boy cut really made his hair begin to thicken up and he looked so handsome. Now that we have this first one under our belt, I think Jobi'll be good with it from now on. And maybe even Mommy. :)
BEFORE - (oh yeah, we most definitely had a good mullet going on!)
Papa getting started... oh the look of sheer terror on that sweet face!

PLENTY of toys to try to keep Jobes occupied!

And FINALLY!! The BIG BOY Jobi! What a doll :)
My Dad used to cut hair in the Army and ran a barber shop. He used to cut my brother's and ALL of his friends' hair through high school and college. He has even started a haircutting ministry for shut-ins and the less fortunate in the community through our church. It was very special for Papa to be able to cut his youngest grandson's hair :)
ALL SMILES with a sucker!! THANK YOU, PAPA!

No comments:
Post a Comment