Joshua 24:15"... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"
Monday, July 9, 2007
Do We or Don't We? Advice Please!
Well, Wednesday is the BIG 20-week ultrasound. Part of me wants to find out and part of me doesn't. Jean Anne is standing firm. Please post comments and let us know what you think. Honest opinions please! OH, and hurry! Thanks!
I found out...but we had two to prepare for. (I am sooo impatient though..even if it was one I think I would have to find out!!) Do what the two of you want to do!! I think it's fun either way!
Second of all...sorry for the long post (and if I gave you too much info).
My vote is to definitely Hold Out! I am one of the biggest planners/preparers you've ever met, and we did not found out the sex. It's so worth the wait. And I promise you can prepare for the baby without knowing.
Here are 2 links to some videos. The first one was when we found out it was a boy and the second one was when Shane told our families in the waiting room. It may help Jean Anne's arguement.
P.S. My husband was dying to know the entire pregnancy and did not want to wait. After we had Chase, he said waiting was the best decision for us and we will wait for the rest of our children, too.
I say if there's any uncertainty then wait. I knew that I wanted to know. Before we had our first u/s at 8 1/2 wks with Libby, Adam said he didn't want to know... wanted it to be a surprise. Then at that u/s he started asking how soon we could tell what the baby was. Completely flipped when he saw her, he couldn't wait until that 20wk u/s. lol. It is a surprise and a shock whether you find out via an u/s or you wait until the end. I preferred to find out so I could shop. I couldn't wait to buy gender specific clothes. And most of the gender neutral stuff we received prior to finding out, wasn't used. I wanted to dress Libby up like a girl. ;) Of course, many of it is usable this time with baby boy. But still, I long to find the boy specific stuff. That's me. But if Ad hadn't changed his mind, I was all set to wait. If one person is unsure or wants to wait, then wait. Good luck with your u/s and appt!!! And congrats!
I found out with all three of mine....and have never regreted it. There's just something so unexplainable about seeing your baby during the ultrasound and knowing if it's a boy or girl. I was really obssessed with the nursery preparations and monogramming and was going do either a boy theme or a girl theme. I have several friends who did not find out with the first, and while they do not regret their decision, they say they probably spent a lot more money on clothes, because they were sick green & yellow and no one gave them clothes at their showers...they were also redecorating their little girls nursery before her first birthday because it was too "boyish". Good luck....it's a great suprise no matter when you decide to find out! Either way you are NOT disappointed on the baby's birthday!
"We will parent imperfectly, our children will make their own choices, and God will mysteriously and wondrously use it all to advance his kingdom." ~ Leslie Leyland Fields
9 comments:
I think it will be fun to wait.
GO Jean Anne!!
I found out with all three of my children. I felt like it helped me bond with the baby sooner.
With my first, I felt like having a child was going to be a big enough surprise and I wanted to be as prepared as I could be.
On top of all of that, I hate surprises! But if you can hold out until delivery day, I think that is great!!
I found out...but we had two to prepare for. (I am sooo impatient though..even if it was one I think I would have to find out!!)
Do what the two of you want to do!! I think it's fun either way!
First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!
Second of all...sorry for the long post (and if I gave you too much info).
My vote is to definitely Hold Out! I am one of the biggest planners/preparers you've ever met, and we did not found out the sex. It's so worth the wait. And I promise you can prepare for the baby without knowing.
Here are 2 links to some videos. The first one was when we found out it was a boy and the second one was when Shane told our families in the waiting room. It may help Jean Anne's arguement.
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/mperill/?action=view¤t=ChaseBirthShorter.flv
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/mperill/?action=view¤t=ChaseAnnouncementShort.flv
P.S. My husband was dying to know the entire pregnancy and did not want to wait. After we had Chase, he said waiting was the best decision for us and we will wait for the rest of our children, too.
I say if there's any uncertainty then wait.
I knew that I wanted to know. Before we had our first u/s at 8 1/2 wks with Libby, Adam said he didn't want to know... wanted it to be a surprise. Then at that u/s he started asking how soon we could tell what the baby was. Completely flipped when he saw her, he couldn't wait until that 20wk u/s. lol.
It is a surprise and a shock whether you find out via an u/s or you wait until the end. I preferred to find out so I could shop. I couldn't wait to buy gender specific clothes. And most of the gender neutral stuff we received prior to finding out, wasn't used. I wanted to dress Libby up like a girl. ;) Of course, many of it is usable this time with baby boy. But still, I long to find the boy specific stuff. That's me. But if Ad hadn't changed his mind, I was all set to wait.
If one person is unsure or wants to wait, then wait.
Good luck with your u/s and appt!!! And congrats!
I vote for being surprised. It's a lot more fun for the GRANDPARENTS that way!
I vote for being surprised. It's a lot more fun for the GRANDPARENTS that way!!!
FIND OUT! It is so much easier when you know. I am just the type that I cannot stand to not know something when other people know :)
I found out with all three of mine....and have never regreted it. There's just something so unexplainable about seeing your baby during the ultrasound and knowing if it's a boy or girl. I was really obssessed with the nursery preparations and monogramming and was going do either a boy theme or a girl theme. I have several friends who did not find out with the first, and while they do not regret their decision, they say they probably spent a lot more money on clothes, because they were sick green & yellow and no one gave them clothes at their showers...they were also redecorating their little girls nursery before her first birthday because it was too "boyish". Good luck....it's a great suprise no matter when you decide to find out! Either way you are NOT disappointed on the baby's birthday!
Post a Comment