Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

26 Week Appointment

Today we had our 26 week appointment. It was an exciting one! First off, right after I got to work, I headed to the lab for my glucose tolerance test. I drank the orange sugary drink - no problem with the taste... worst part was having to get it down in 5 minutes or less. Those of you who know me know I don't eat or drink "fast." I survived it though, then had blood drawn an hour later. Another hour after that, it was time to head across the street for the appointment when... all of a sudden while still sitting in front of my computer at work, I felt dizzy and light-headed. Then came the onset of SWEATING. I immediately thought I was about to pass out. Thanks to my co-workers, I made it safely and quickly across the street to the Women's Center where Chris was waiting. Upon confirmation that I could now eat something following my test, I stuffed some peanut butter crackers into my system and I began to feel better, thank goodness! That was not a good feeling. So anyway... now to the important stuff :-)

* Gained another 5 pounds
* Baby's heartrate was 126 (lowest so far, but attributed to my low blood pressure as a result of my earlier episode)
* We're starting appointments every two weeks now!
* Next appointment will consist of another diagnostic ultrasound to check Little Potin's kidneys
* We scheduled our 4D ultrasound!!! We can't wait...
* And (Chris adds "most importantly") we received confirmation that I will be A-OK to go to the first USM football game September 1st... just as long as I stay well hydrated with plenty of gatorade!! :-)

From WebMD: Your baby measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now. Its hearing is fully developed. As the fetus reacts to sounds, its pulse increases. Your baby will even move in rhythm to music. Lungs are still growing but are not yet mature. Patterns of your baby's brain waves appear like a full-term newborn. It also has patterns of sleeping and waking.

1 comment:

Rachel/Josh said...

Hey
Sounds like things are moving along. I wish we could have caught up when I was in Hattiesburg. Things were so busy running around and visiting. We will have to get together next time I am in town. Probably won't be until next summer