(sigh) Well, I've learned already - nothing is worse than your little baby being sick. I think we've done pretty well going six months without any kind of illness, however, I took Jobi to the pediatrician Tuesday morning to find out he has an acute upper respiratory infection. He's had the worst little croupy cough, bless his heart. Good news was his lungs and ears were clear, so that's good. I'm praying that we can kick it very soon! This on top of the teething has made for some pretty long, exhausting nights this week, but maybe we're on the "up" side now!
Anyone knows to do anything differently (since doctors don't prescribe anything for colds anymore) besides humidifier, baby vicks vaporub, elevating the head of the mattress, and Little Noses saline drops along with bulb suction - please feel free to share :)
Thank you and P.S. He's still just as precious sick as he is when he's feeling fine!
6 years ago





4 comments:
Poor little guy and mommy and daddy. There's nothing worse than a sick baby! Aunt JuJu is praying for him!
Hey girl-
When my babies are sick, i take them in the bathroom and turn the shower on as hot as it will go and let the room totally fill up with steam. you will probably feel like you are going to suffocate, but he will be able to breathe so good. I do it right before bed time. their little noses just drain and drain when you do that. but, be careful because last time i did it i set off our smoke alarm when i opened the door!!!!
Lots of cuddlebug time! That's all we recommended at Carle...new AAP protocol... that and tylenol if he needs it. Poor baby! I hope he feels better soon!
my brother says to put vicks vaporub on their feet to help with coughing. i know that it sounds crazy but he swears that it works!
Post a Comment