Yes, for those of you who didn't know - Chris proposed to me at the Coca-Cola bottle on the Sky Field at the top of Turner Field :) We've wanted to go back to a game since then but never seemed to make the time until this summer. I really wanted to take Jobi with us and get a picture of our little fam in very same spot we got engaged, however we decided it would be best to leave him to "vaca" with Nana/Papa and Mumsie/Pop. I'm sure he had a much better time at home, however, it took me all that I had not to fall apart leaving him for the first time longer than just overnight! A-hem. OK, so obviously I survived. It was very nice to have some time to ourselves, I have to admit.
We arrived in ATL Friday night for a mandatory pre-game dinner at The Varsity :-D with Chris's cousin, Heather, then off to Turner Field to see the Braves take on the Brewers. We lost 4-1, however, it was a B-E-A-Utiful night for baseball! On Saturday, we headed out with Heather to meet up with more of Chris's fam for a fun-filled day at Six Flags! Chris doesn't "do" roller coasters so I was glad to have cousin Jessica to ride along with. HA! After a full day and bidding goodbye to Chris's family, we then ventured over to my cousin Kim's house to have dinner with her and Fleet and little Logan - also my other cousin Lisa and her hubby Justin and little Addy. We had a very restful night sleep and were able to just relax and hang out a little bit with the Loustalots until we had to leave Sunday afternoon. What an awesome time of family and fellowship we had! We are very blessed to have family who we also consider very dear friends. THANK YOU Heather - for Braves and Six Flags tickets and letting us stay with you! And THANK YOU to Kim and Fleet for opening their home to us as well... we had a great time! Here are some pics :)
A MUST dining experience before any Atlanta sporting event!
Former home of the Braves - Fulton County Stadium - from 1966 to 1996. We frequented this park a lot when we were younger :) We've grown up with the Braves and I LOVE going back any chance I get! So much fun... and so many good memories.
A beautiful night for baseball! We had GREAT seats! (Thanks Heather!)
Where it "all" began :P OUR Coke bottle...
The exact spot we got engaged... 8 years ago this month!
SIX FLAGS
Oh wow - how'd I manage to get Chris on the Runaway Mine Train??? Sweet persuasion? hehe Too late for him to back out now!!
Oh yeah... one in the SAME! (OK, so NO comparisons of height and NO comments about physique or my ghostly-white legs!!!) Thank you.





No comments:
Post a Comment