OK, so most everyone knows we go to the beach every summer - usually one time to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach in August with the James Gang and another time to Destin in September with the Potin Clan. We normally spend 3-4 days... usually a long weekend. I have never, but always wanted to, spend an entire week! For once, I want to stay until I get tired of it and actually READY to go home! When Chris called and told me that he was going to be attending a conference in Panama City Beach late September and that he was taking me and Jobi AND that we would plan our Potin Destin vacation to coincide with it, I was THRILLED!!! =D Sept 22nd - 27th... the whole week. I couldn't believe it and couldn't have been more excited. First of all, it would be our first real vacation just the 3 of us - me, Chris, and Jobi. I couldn't wait to begin a family tradition of vacationing together - just our little family. It was everything I hoped it would be! We had such a fabulous time. Spent Tues/Wed/1/2 Thurs in PCB, then on to Destin to spend the other 1/2 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun with Mumsie and Pop! So... I have lots of pics to post :) Hope you enjoy them. Can't wait for our Summer 2010 beach trips! The bar was set very high this year!
Our resort at Panama City - we laughed because PCB still looks like something straight out of "Three's Company!" It has definitely kept some of it nostalgic charm. Chris and I neither one had been there since college or high school. This was the view from our room - it was like a little tropical paradise - GORGEOUS (and it had like 14 pools! All built around a golf course)
On this trip, Jobi all of sudden on this trip, discovers he likes to eat whole apples. Who would've thought??! haha He LOVES them! If you look closely, you'll see the apple even had to go into the Gulf with him... he wouldn't let it go!
When Daddy wasn't in his pesticide conference (sounds fun, doesn't it?) then we were able to spend some Q.T. at the beautiful lagoon pool and the beach! Jobi was fascinated by the little birds running up to and away from the water. A couple of families were sweet enough to give him some cereal and old french fries to feed the seagulls, too... he got a real kick out of it!
We had such fun-filled evenings! It was so nice to spend such good family time! Jobi was such a good boy and made himself right at home in his beachy accomodations :)
Then... on to DESTIN!
OK, so here was our Thursday night dilemma - 1) season premiere of GREY'S! 2) opening night of college football. Therefore... this was our TV arrangement!! It cracked me up so much I had to take a pic. Throw in some Merlin's Pizza (yummmm!) and we were good to go!!!
While in Destin, we decided to let Jobi try out the bottom bunk!! His very first time alone in a "big boy bed!" As a precaution, of course, we did put his aerobed underneath in the case that he rolled over and out! He did GREAT! It was another sentimental moment... we're still avoiding making the transition from the crib to the big boy bed at home! I think we can hold out a little bit longer :)
All jazzed up for a night on the town at a new favorite - The Red Bar in Grayton Beach. Great food and you can't beat the atmosphere!! I highly recommend if you've never been!
Precious footsteps... I pray a lifetime of sandy feet for my sweet Jobes!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment