Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Great Drano Test Debacle

For years, while Jean Anne was working at the Pediatric Clinic, ladies talked about doing "The Drano Test" to determine the sex of the baby. Even though Jean Anne has no desire to find out the sex of our baby the scientific ultrasound way, she had me running all over town to find Drano CRYSTALS. Let me tell you, many stores don't stock Drano Crystals anymore. They tend to choose the foaming liquid variety. Anyway, once I finally found the aforementioned Drano Crystals, Jean ANne proceeded to ready her supplies for the test (2 Solo cups and 2 tablespoons of Drano). Off to the bathroom she went. This test consists of urinating in a cup and pouring it over the Drano. If the concotion turn pink it is a girl, blue or black for boy. While she was heading back to do her business, I went outside to talk to a neighbor. Bad idea. When I came back in, she was running through the house holding her nose saying she blew up the bathroom. I hoped she was exaggerating. Se was but the Solo cup didn't fare too well. There on the counter was a black goo in the middle of what remained of a red Solo cup, not to mention the odor of burned hair or tires. Unreal. We then proceeded to the computer to see if she did something wrong. Well, she did. The website we found said "never" perform the Drano test indoors or with plastic cups. Lesson learned. We disposed of the remains and put the Drano away with the assumption that the black goo was what we were supposed to see. SO, wife's tale test #2 = BOY. The first test was some Chinese calendar table thing that my sister had said BOY also. We'll see.

3 comments:

steele family said...

My favorite test is the hair test. If the hair on your legs grows faster than normal - girl. If it grows slower - boy. It worked for me and all 3 kids!

Andi said...

Okay, that's too funny!! Doctors have spent lots of research and money to get those ultrasounds very precise....I think they're just a tad bit more accurate than the Drano test. I must admit I did the Chinese calendar and the ring test, but never the Drano!!! I'm anxiously waiting for the 11th to see if you take peek and find out!! You can't go wrong either way!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you two educated adults have gone so far as to the drano test!! hahaha!! I did the chinese calender too, it said girl! I know of one test that a lady friend of mine does and she has never been wrong. She did it to me and I would not let her tell me the result, that is how much I believed the test. Patrick called her from the hospital and her first words were, "the test was right!" Maybe Jean Anne should let me do that test on her!! :)