Joshua 24:15 "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Unwanted Guest



While watering our ferns outside the front of the house tonight, Jean Anne found a large toad hanging out on our top step. He was apparently eating bugs from our porch light. So, being the science dork that I am, I immediately went outside to get photos, barefoot. I got all of the front side photos I wanted so I proceeded to go down the steps and get the rear view that faced our door. As I went to step on the sidewalk from the steps, there was a 2 foot copperhead inches from my foot. Once I regained my composure, I went and got Jean Anne, the 2 foot MagLite, and the shovel (still no shoes). Once I made waste to the snake, I had Jean Anne hold the shovel got I could go get the rest of the implements required to finish him off. As I crossed in front of the window and looked back out at Jean Anne, the blog of course ran through my mind. I then retrieved the camera and got a picture of my pregnant wife (with shoes!) holding the shovel on a poisonous snake....priceless!

No comments: