Well, today we had our 37 week checkup (2 weeks since the last). I was anxious to see if there had been any change, but felt sure I would not have any news to report. Wrong! After Dr. Kot finished the exam, I was found to be 70% effaced but with no dilation yet. I thought I had heard wrong and had to ask if she would repeat the percentage - yep, 70. She said the process has begun... "you're well on your way!" Wish everyone could've seen Chris's eyes get as big as saucers when she reported. We were both kinda taken aback - it just all seems so surreal that LP's arrival could be "anytime now" according to Doc. I told her that having never done this before, not being able to tell what a contraction was when I have it! She assured me it was "dummy proof" that I will definitely know. She said "girl, you've sure been contracting whether you've known it or not!" Thanks for the clarification, Dr. Libby :)
We go back next Wednesday - can't wait to hear the report then!! By the way, NOW it's weekly visits.
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment